Karis made me a Mother's Day gift at preschool. I was so excited to see what she made me. When she was giving me the gift, she was asking me if she could have it. I've never received a gift from someone who wanted it back -- immediately. She loved the necklace she made because it had a picture inside of it and wanted it so badly for herself. She's never had one like it, is what she tells me. I told her that I love it and want to keep it forever which made her burst into tears.
While she's still crying, I open up her card and see that she's drawn me as a black woman with green eyes. And this is from my artistic daughter who is a perfectionist. From looking at the picture, she clearly had access to brown and yellow crayons. I couldn't stop laughing and I almost started crying too. My favorite line is that she thinks I like to wash dishes (I'm thinking in her mind, why would I do it all day if I didn't love it?). I got such a kick out of the whole thing, from the gift-giving to the actual gift. But I love it and I will keep it forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment