Kyle has had a blocked tear duct since he was born. It's a common thing that typically clears up on its own (one of the girls had it as well). But Kyle's tear duct never fixed itself. Now at eleven months, Kyle needed some help to get his tear duct unblocked.
We went to see an ophthalmologist yesterday to have a procedure done. It was a quick 5 minute thing where the doctor stuck a small wire down his tear duct to open it up. I didn't see it happen but I sure did hear it. Poor thing was wrapped in a blanket and the doctor just did. He felt everything. Kyle quickly recovered from it when they brought him to me.
We should notice a difference in two days. For the next five days, we give him eye drops to prevent infection. I'm glad that's done. With Kyle being sick for the past month, he's had so much discharge from his eye. He's finally getting better from his sinusitis with a second round of antibiotics. His first round of antibiotics was with Amoxicillin and we found out that he is allergic to it. Hopefully he'll be all cleared up in the next couple days and stay that way for a long time.
1 comment:
Poor Guy!!! I had that done when I was about 7months and my mom said it was awful hearing me scream. Glad he is all better now!
Post a Comment