Thursday, February 14

A Preschooler's Valentine's Day

Being in her first year of preschool, this was the first time Karis was to pass out Valentine's Day cards. I had my own idea of the kind of Valentine's Day card she was going to pass out to her classmates. It was going to be a goodie bag filled with little bunny cookies and heart-shaped chocolates. The tag was to say "Some Bunny Loves You" with a little drawing of a bunny head. Cute, right? I soon realized that Karis would have no part in making them and that it would be all me having fun with the project. So, I reluctantly put away my selfish plans and let her help me create something of her own. 

We went to the craft store and she picked out some stickers and ribbon. She carried her stickers and ribbon around the house for days until she finally got to design and make her tags. I took her to the store so she could help pick out the treats that were to go inside the bags. She wanted to get everything on the shelves, but we walked away with heart lollipops and Hershey kisses. She helped me count the candy and stuff the bags. I tied them up and they were ready to go! 


Karis came home from preschool with Valentine's Day crafts and a decorated bag filled with all kinds of goodies from her 11 classmates. Being the good sister that she is, she happily shared some stuff with Makena. She then looked through her stash over and over again until it was time to take a nap. 

1 comment:

Stacy said...

So cute!! I love her writing on each one, they are SO BIG! I went the "in a hurry route" and we just did old fashioned target Valentine's. Next year I may have higher hopes.