Wednesday, January 2

"Hey Makena, how are you?"

If you've talked to Makena in the last week or two, you already know this story. She has told anyone and everyone who asks her "How are you?" She'll tell anyone who will listen, even Kyle. 


Yes, she fell into the duck pond. After church last week, I took the kids to the duck pond. They love to feed ducks and it was a quick thing we could do on a cold day. I gave them each a supply of bread and then took a few pictures. As I was watching Karis, all the ducks suddenly took off in flight. On the edge was Makena, screaming with a look of terror on her face as her body slid in the water and she was grabbing the edge of the pond. I didn't even see her fall in. I guess she just got too close. Thankfully her head didn't go under but her whole body was soaked in dirty duck pond water. I feel like I should get Mom of the Year award for this one.  





No comments: