Monday, January 23

My Littles Aren't So Little

Lately I've been enjoying watching Karis grow up.  She is noticeably taller, she is more independent, she's helpful with her little sister, and she is practicing writing her letters and numbers (she really wants to go to school, so she is preparing).  She has also been developing lots of ideas and opinions on her own and for me that's been the most fun to watch -- especially when she's talking a mile a minute trying to verbalize what's running through her mind. 
  

When we used to play together, she would follow my lead as I made up stories or scenarios with her toys or other things.  Now she comes up with her own ideas during our play time.  The other day we were on the floor playing.  I laid out a small blanket and told her that when she ran across it, I would tickle her.  She did it one or two times but then realized she wanted to change the game.  She had about ten of her own rules about when I could tickle her and what else I could and could not do.  I found it pretty amusing. 

Yesterday, she came home with her craft projects from Sunday school.  One was a picture of a Bible and on it, it said, "The Bible Changes Me."  I asked her how it changes her.  She replied, "It just happens.  But I'm still going to be Karis." I laughed it off, but I thought about it a little more and I think there's more truth to that than I first realized...

Makena too is becoming more independent.  She loves to try and put on pants and shoes by herself.  She gets frustrated when she can't do it, but she also gets upset if you try to help her.  She can be quite stubborn!  


I've been enjoying discovering her personality when she is not around Karis.  When she plays alone, I notice she enjoys different things.  She loves playing with small gadgety stuff, small caps to tubes/bottles, and puzzles.  She also loves to play with dolls (something no one in my family or Derek did).  Here is a picture of her reading books to her dolls.


It's such a happy-sad feeling watching your little ones grow up!

No comments: