Monday, September 26

A Love For Reading

Karis loves to read books.  She will go through a whole bin of books and "read" each one, page by page.  If you catch her looking at one of her favorite books, you might even think she can read because she's got the pages memorized. 

The other night, she wasn't tired so I let her stay up to read books.  She was again going through her bin.  She had finished the books piled to her right and still had about ten more in the bin.  



I'm hoping Karis will learn to read soon because she definitely wants to... and maybe then Derek and I won't have to read the same books over and over again.  =)  She learned all her letters when she was about 26 months old.  Now she can tell you what letters certain words start with.  Or, if you give her a letter she can tell you what word starts with that letter.  It's a start!  

Here's a video of Karis.  She spelled her name several times on a different day.  But of course when I pull out the video camera she gets all mixed up and can't spell her name!


Makena likes to look at books as well, so hopefully she will learn to love to read books as well.  

No comments: