Saturday, August 27

Highlights From This Week

#1  Saturday morning chores with the girls... in matching outfits.  Derek got up with the girls and thought it'd be funny to dress them up in similar outfits.  It was pretty comical for us because lately every time we take them out, someone asks if they're twins.   Just this past Tuesday we went to a park and a lady came up to me and with a surprised look said, "Oh.. you have two girls." She had just realized that Karis and Makena were not the same child.  She thought they were one child and I had changed her clothes.    


#2  Family walks around the block after dinner. 


# 3  The girls playing well together.  The other morning, they emptied both bins and all the drawers... but I thought to myself, at least they're playing well together.  They have also been really into books so we spend a good part of the day reading and looking at books.



#4  Karis got her first ice cream truck treat -- a Dora ice cream bar.   Karis woke up from her nap the other day and heard the ice cream truck.  When she asked about it, I explained to her that the sound was coming from a truck that had ice cream.  She then of course wanted ice cream, so I grabbed my wallet and we ran out the front door.  It was fun standing out in the street and picking an ice cream bar from the pictures on the side of the truck. Ah, the memories!  


# 5 We watched a friend's daughter on Thursday.  I watched her about a month and a half ago and the girls were extremely jealous when I held her.  But this time the girls loved playing with her and didn't mind when I was taking care of her.  It was really cute watching them so into the baby.  I guess they're ready for a little sibling...  =)





#6  We went to a Christian bookstore on Saturday morning.  Bob and Larry from the Veggie Tales were there to promote their new video.  Makena was terrified of them but Karis was excited to see them (she just recently started watching Veggie Tales) and she loved giving them high-5s!


 

#7  Later in the day, we went to The Little Gym for an open house.  It was Makena's first time in a gym and she loved climbing and exploring.  Karis did her usual thing and by the end of our time there a couple people were referring to her as the "crazy girl" and "fearless." Yup, that's Karis.





Afterwards, we ate dinner and played by the water fountain.


No comments: