Sunday, September 19

Makena is 6 Months Old!

Our sweet baby girl is already 6 months old. It's usually hard to watch your kids grow up so fast, but honestly, I wanted Makena to grow up quickly the first few months. Having two so close in age is tough!

The past couple months have been easier and more enjoyable now that Makena is older. She is a happy baby who smiles and giggles often. She loves to play on the floor or in her exersaucer. It's fun watching her interact with people and loving the attention.

She loves to watch what's going on around her. This makes it hard to feed her a bottle or for her to fall asleep when we are out and about. At home, she typically gets tired after being awake for 1-1/2 hours. If we're out, she'll stay up for 4 hours without a problem.

She is starting to sleep through the night (Technically, "sleeping through the night" means 6 to 8 hours. To me, it means I get to sleep through the night!). She was waking up for a 4 o'clock feeding for awhile, but just recently she's been waking up between 5 and 5:45 am. The only downfall to that is that she doesn't go back to sleep after her bottle. She's up and ready to start the day. Needless to say, I am not quite ready at that hour! I can't wait til she sleeps until 7 am.

She is getting better and better at crawling. When I put her on the family room floor, she always makes her way to the entertainment center. What is it with kids these days?! They can't stay away from electronics.

She started solids a few weeks ago. I've been giving her oatmeal to give her some fiber in her diet. She has had constipation issues since she started formula. We tried close to 10 different formulas with her and chose the one that made her spit up the least, but in turn makes her constipated. She drinks a little bit of prune juice every day. =( As our babysitter says, she's on an old lady diet -- oatmeal and prune juice.

Makena lights up whenever Karis is around. She gets so excited to see her. Karis will sometimes indulge her and let her grab her arm or touch her hair. Karis is still trying to figure out this baby and what she does. But most often, she'll just snatch Makena's toys from her and put them out of arms reach. Sometimes Makena will hold tight to the toy and give Karis a run for her money. She usually loses, but one day very soon she'll hold her own, I'm sure!


No comments: