We were showered with so much love. About 25 of our friends came to celebrate with us with good food, games and gifts. My oldest sister hosted the shower and she made a huge brunch spread. Everything was amazing! Our friend Peter generously opened his beautiful home to us and God provided the perfect weather.
After brunch we played a few games. The first game was to guess the size of my baby bump. There were three women (two who are pregnant) who were extremely close. The winner had the exact length. It was quite impressive. Not so impressive was how off some of the men were! They claimed they were guessing what I would be at 9 months -- it was pretty funny! We also tested everyone's memory (recall the baby items on the buffet table) and their knowledge of nursery rhymes. Lastly, we played bingo. Each gift was assigned a number. As the gifts were opened, numbers were called out and people tried to win bingo.
We had a great time and we think all of our guests did too -- even the men! We tried to make the event a party with just a hint of it being a shower so that Derek and his friends could be a part of the celebration as well.
We came home with a car full of gifts that have put us well off to a good start. We are almost ready for the arrival of baby Robinson, or often referred to as Baby Girl, Little Bubble, and Dereka.
2 comments:
Ok so I took a cookie for Leo and myself but decided to give Joy the cookie cause she was bummed she missed the party. Anyways, when I ate mine it did it in like 2 minutes and wanted more. You gotta teach me how to make them so I can eat them and make some for my shower!!!
hi, Lena!
I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. It looks like you had lots of fun at the baby shower--I'm so happy for you! You look great, by the way, with that beautiful pregnancy glow. I hope you're feeling just as good.
Post a Comment