Thursday, August 14

A Good Laugh

I had such a good laugh today. I haven't had one of those in awhile. We were at the most unexpected place for a gut wrenching laugh -- the Maternity Open House for Mission Hospital.

It was a pretty nice Open House. They had finger sandwiches, fancy desserts, fruit, lemonade and coffee. They also had a bunch of vendors that donated prizes for a raffle. As we sat through the program, we heard about the hopsital's offerings, capabilities, and got a virtual tour of the maternity ward...blah, blah, blah.

While sitting through the presentation, Derek's friend was also at a maternity-related meeting, but his was about breastfeeding. He was hurting. As his text messages indicated, he could use a little sympathy and Daddy-to-be support. Derek dutifully answered the call to encourage by responding with text messages of how great of a time we were having. Derek told him about the great food and "game" we were playing -- Wheel of Mission Hospital (aka a raffle in a Wheel of Fortune format). It was hilarious. Then we actually won a prize... a $25 gift certificate to Super Suppers! To pour salt on the wound, and to make his point, Derek sent the picture below to his friend. Look what a great time Derek is having! We were laughing so hard after we took that photo. Derek was in tears.

1 comment:

D-Rob said...

Besides all the fun I had (I really was laughing so hard I was in tears), I did learn a few things. I had no idea that occupations such as IBCLC and CBF existed. That's International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and Certified Bra Fitter for those of you who have not yet attended a maternity open house.