Leading up to the first day of school, there is always a lot of talk in our house about the first day of school outfits, nail polish, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. This year was no different. However, in the midst of the excitement, I wanted to check in on the girls to see how they were feeling about the first day of school and if they were nervous at all. Last year, Karis was nervous to start the new school year and of course, Makena was too. So on Sunday afternoon. I asked Karis, "So, how are you feeling about tomorrow?" She looked up from her book and said, "What's tomorrow?" I guess I didn't need to worry about her being nervous!
Before I took the girls to get their annual hair cuts at the salon, we talked about what each girl wanted. Makena definitely wanted to keep her hair long and get bangs. Karis wanted her hair short like mine.

Karis got her hair cut first and after seeing how cute it was, Makena wanted the same thing! I had to convince Makena to keep her hair a a little longer since she has a lot more hair than Karis that's thicker and curlier. She was a bit sad, but in the end, they were both happy with their new cut.

That night, we went to school for Meet the Teacher night. The girls met their teachers, saw their new classrooms and some old friends. These are two of Makena's good friends from her class last year.

After the girls saw all their new school supplies, they're excitement reached a whole new level! The next day and every day after, Makena kept saying, "I want school to start tomorrow!"

No comments:
Post a Comment