My sweet babies are growing up so fast. I want to remember all these sweet and fun days with them.
Kyle is one happy kid! He is a sweet boy who loves to hug and cuddle. He loves all things cars, trucks and trains, yet he loves to play with his sisters whether it be with Shopkins or Lego Friends. His favorite show is Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol. His teachers at school love him and he can count to 20 in Spanish -- quite impressive for a little guy! He is shy like his sisters, but he just needs time to warm up to people.

I would call him a Daddy's boy. He loves to be with Daddy and only Daddy can get him to do certain things like take a nap or change his clothes in the morning to get ready for school. Sometimes Kyle takes over Daddy's office after school. He wants to be just like him.

The girls used to say, "I love you to the moon and back [insert a large sounding, made up number]." Kyle was tired of all the back-and-forth and trying to say a number bigger than the last person, so he made up the saying. "I love you everything God made!" He loves us to everything God made (not just the moon and back). He says it all the time and now he has started to say, "I love you everything God made and more!" His love for us is growing!
His newest saying is "I love you diamond" and then he flashes us this:
He also made that one up by himself.
I love it when I try to get him and he gets scared and just puts his arms out and says, "Hug!"
The only time he's difficult is when he's tired because he didn't sleep well or enough the night before. He constantly tells me, "I'm bored" and asks "What should I do?" He's too tired to do anything and that's why he asks. Anything I say or suggest is an immediate grumpy, "No!"
Ever since I've been teaching at the preschool, Kyle comes with me early to school. All the teachers' kids get to play in the Ark while the moms prepare and attend a staff meeting. Kyle and Sophia have been little buddies. They hold hands and play and ask about each other when the other one is missing. Just today at church, my friend told me that Sophia was trying to kiss Kyle at snack time. When her mom asked her about it, she didn't deny it! Could anything be sweeter than love between two 3-year olds?!

One last story! We have taught the girls the correct anatomy parts of a boy's and girl's private areas. We didn't necessarily teach Kyle, but he's been around when we've talked about it with the girls. Awhile back, I was strolling through the grocery store with Kyle sitting in the cart. Just as I was about to pick out some fruit, out of no where, he says, "So Mommy, girls have lasagnas and boys have pizzas?" in a not-so-soft voice. At first, I was like "What?" He repeated his statement. I then got what he was saying. I know we are supposed to be teaching our kids the correct terms, but I couldn't get myself to talk about it in the middle of a busy grocery store with my 3-year old. So I just rolled with it. "Yep! Girls have lasagnas and boys have pizzas!"
No comments:
Post a Comment