We started the week with the preschool kids singing in big church on Sunday. They sang two songs. Kyle knew the songs and the motions -- he's always singing them at home -- however, he chose not to participate. He was a little out of it. We were all a little off. I hurt my back and was in a lot of pain that morning. I would have stayed home if it wasn't Christmas Sunday. Karis slept in and that also added to the rush and our delay in arriving to church. Makena did great, but when she came down the steps she started to cry. She said she didn't want to do it (it was already over). She said she didn't like all the people looking at her!
Later that day, we had Derek's staff Christmas party. It started with a service project in the afternoon at a church we partner with throughout the year. Derek took the kids while I rested my back. Afterwards, we went to the dinner party sans kids. Here is a photo of (most of) the church staff and office volunteers.
We went to the family Christmas Eve service at church. Derek left early and I brought the kids later. I thought it'd be fun to surprise Derek and have Kyle dressed up like him. We all got a kick out of it!
It's been fun to watch Kyle participate more in the Christmas festivities this year. He is no longer a baby! He sat through the service and did great.
These two on the other hand are trouble -- obviously not paying attention as they noticed I was taking pictures with my phone! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment