Everyone always tells us to cherish these days while our kids are young. I certainly am trying to. It's so physically demanding during this season and I joke about how I can't wait until the girls can make their own breakfast (and my coffee) and wash their own clothes. But in reality, I love them at this stage for their innocence, their pure hearts, their laughter and the cute things they say and do.
Makena especially has been adorable these days. I love her sweet voice and all her questions that reveal what's on her mind. I can tell she copies a lot of what Karis says, but she's definitely showing more of her own personality. She's a funny girl who acts so silly. I like that it doesn't feel like she's growing up too fast. She's not aware of what others are doing or saying and she rarely cares about what she wears. She is easy-going and let's her sister have her way most of the time (e.g., picking a TV show, letting her have the color plate/cup she wants, and playing dolls her way).
Lately she's been telling me she wants to be a mommy. She wants her own baby, like the way I have Kyle as my own baby. She envies the work that I do. She's been wanting to help with the laundry, making dinner and preparing coffee in the morning.
Last month we made a big deal about Karis' birthday. We celebrated it on two different days and Karis got a special cake that she designed herself. Makena quietly envied Karis as she got all the attention and new toys, but yet never made a fuss about it. She just kept telling me she wanted her birthday party now (not really understanding she has to wait for a certain day). At school, they did an activity where they got to share the one thing they really wanted for Christmas. My sweet girl...
She even told me she was going to ask Santa for one. I encouraged her to change her mind (so I didn't have to make her a cake Christmas Eve!) and assured her that I would make her a cake for her birthday.
I'm excited for this new year and watching all three continue to grow and mature. I can't believe Kyle will be two years old and no longer a baby. Makena will be four and Karis will be starting Kindergarten. Wow...
No comments:
Post a Comment