On Thursday morning, we had to say good-bye to the Lee family. Sad.
We went to lunch with Grandpa and then he headed home too. Kyle loved giving Grandpa high-5s. Throughout the week, he shied away from his aunts, but couldn't get enough high-5s from Grandpa.
On Friday, Patty and I took the bigger kids to an indoor bounce house place. The kids had a great time running around together. Afterwards we went home for some pizza and packing.
Early the next morning, we gathered our stuff and headed to the airport. We didn't leave the house as early as we had liked. Since the airport is small, we thought we'd be okay but the security line that morning was unusually long. We were for sure going to miss our flight. I asked an airport employee if we could jump to the head of the security line but I was denied. As we moved closer to the front of the line, we heard the last call for our flight. Panic set in. I sure wasn't going to be stuck at the airport with three sleep-deprived kids without a fight. I asked the people in line if we could cut in front of them. Some said yes, some said no but I went ahead and took my crew to the front. I'm sure we upset more than a few people... We loaded up the conveyor belt and moved as fast as we could. Thankfully our gate was the first one. I grabbed the kids and left Derek to collect our belongings. Thankfully, since it was the first flight of the day, they were holding the flight for those that were running late. We made it onto the flight!! The rest of our travels went smoothly. Kyle was a bit fidgety but he finally fell asleep on the second flight. The girls did great and kept themselves busy. We're thankful the kids are good travelers because we have one more trip this summer!
We had a great week! It was restful and fun and great to see all the cousins together.
No comments:
Post a Comment