The 1st trimester was definitely more challenging since I couldn’t take naps and rest when I wanted to or needed to. The 2nd trimester was fairly easy and quick -- no time to sit around and just daydream about having a baby! The third trimester has been a lot tougher. My body has been super tired with the extra weight while caring for Karis. My 22 lb baby has been the exception of the “no heavy lifting” rule. I’ve been having back pains which have made doing daily things pretty tough. I've been trying to be good about not doing too much around the house and asking Derek for help as much as possible. He's been great about bringing down the laundry, vacuuming, and carrying Karis up/down the stairs for me.
Since the holidays, things have been pretty quiet. I’m trying to enjoy the “calm before the storm” and not do too much. I have the tendency to make myself busy, but I’m trying hard to resist that. Plenty of sleep and individual attention to Karis have been my main focus lately.
I am 30-weeks along, and with only 10 short weeks to go, I am excited and nervous at the same time. Life will definitely be different!
I'm excited to meet this little baby. She is so active and has some pretty powerful kicks and jabs. I wonder how she’ll differ in looks, personality and temperament from Karis. I also can’t wait to see how Karis responds and treats her little sister. I think she’s going to be great!
Whenever Derek tells Karis to "kiss baby sister," she kisses my belly. She does it EVERY single time. It's really sweet. But... I'm wondering if she thinks a belly is called a "baby sister." =)
2 comments:
You look great, Lena! yes, subsequent pregnancies are never the same as the first... I hope you enjoy the last 10 weeks. Then the real hard work begins!
so cute . . . . i mean the baby =)
Post a Comment